When should Hijamah be performed?
- It is recommended that Hijamah be practised on the the specifically prescribed days Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- The recommeded days to perform Hijama Therapy are the 17th, 19th and 21st days of the Lunar Calendar providing these days coincide with Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.
- Our Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) advised against practicing Hijama on
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday and
- Very strongly advised against practicing Hijama on Wednesdays.
- Ibn Umar (رضي الله عنه) reported that Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) said,
- “Hijama on an empty stomach is best. In it is a cure and a Blessing. It improves the intellect and the memory.
- So use Hijama with the Blessing of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) on Thursday.
- Keep away from Hijamah on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be safe.
- Perform Hijamah on Monday and Tuesday for it is the day that Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) saved Ayub (عليه السلام) from the trial.
- He was inflicted with the trial on Wednesday.
- You will not find leprosy except (by having Hijamah) on Wednesday or Wednesday night.”
[Sahih Sunan ibn Maajah (3487)
What is the ruling for performing Hijama on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and their nights?
- There are narrations prohibiting Hijamah on these days.
- However, when one is sick or is in dire need then cupping can be performed on these days.