While lightly cooked foods are beneficial, to address Stomach Heat, raw fruits and vegetables are included because of their cooling nature.
- Because most animal sources of protein are heating in nature, these should be replaced with vegetarian protein options.
- The diet should also include plenty of fluids, especially in the form of soups,
- And should avoid overly oily, spicy or hot dishes.
Where ever possible choose organically grown foods.
Specific foods for Stomach Heat
- Rice, millet, wheat, barley, oats
- Celery, spinach, cucumber, lettuce, radish, asparagus, eggplant, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, avocado, watercress
- Apples, pears, watermelon, bananas, kiwis, mango
- Tofu, soy milk, yogurt, mung beans
Foods to restrict or avoid
- Chilies, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, leeks, basil, cloves
- Coffee, vinegar, mustard, horseradish, chocolate, tea
- Lamb and large amounts of other red meats, shrimp, prawns,
- Citrus fruits
- Fried foods, BBQ’d foods,
- Cigarettes, alcohol, recreational stimulants