Due to lack of Liver nourishment.
Requires a diet that is nutrient rich.
In general it is best to eat foods that are lightly cooked to ensure that nutrients are preserved and are more readily digested and absorbed.
General dietary recommendations to prevent deficiency include eating smaller meals more frequently and enjog meals by sitting down to relax while you eat and chewing thoroughly to savor flavors.
The diet should also include plenty of fluids, especially in the form of soups.
Where ever possible choose organically grown foods.
Specific foods for Liver deficiency
- Wheat, oats, rice, millet, barley
- Adzuki beans, black beans, mung beans,
- Eggs, dairy in moderate amounts, yogurt
- Nuts & seeds, tofu, black sesame seeds (kulunji)
- Chicken, beef liver, mackerel, sardines, oysters.
- Zucchini, squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, melons, string beans, beets, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, parsley,
- Apples, banana, mulberries, mango, coconut, peaches, lychee fruit, grapes,
- Raisins, cherries, plums
- Olive oil, flaxseed oil, almond oil
- Vegemite, marmite, kelp, spirulina
Foods to restrict or avoid
- Chilies, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, leeks, basil, cloves, wasabi
- Coffee, vinegar, pickles, tea
- Lamb, shrimp, prawns
- Citrus fruits
- Cigarettes, alcohol, recreational stimulants