The Kidney organ network not only includes our bodies’ ability to eliminate wastes through the urine, but also includes the overall reserves stored in our bodies.
A diagnosis of Kidney deficiency means that the reserves that moisten and nourish the body are weakened and unable to perform their functions.
A diet that includes enriching and building foods can help to preserve and restore Kidney
The diet should also include:
- Plenty of fluids, especially in the form of soups, and
- Avoid overly hot, spicy meals.
- Where ever possible choose organically grown foods.
Specific foods for Kidney deficiency
- Wheat, oats, rice, millet, barley
- Eggs, dairy in moderate amounts, yogurt, tofu, tempeh, nuts & seeds, adzuki
- Beans, black beans, mung beans, black soy beans, kidney beans, black sesame seeds
- Chicken, mackerel, sardines.
- Zucchini, squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, melons, string beans, beets, button mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms
- Apples, banana, blueberries, black berries, peaches, mulberries, mango, coconut
- Olive oil, flaxseed oil, almond oil
- Kelp, spirulina
Foods to restrict or avoid
- Chilies, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, leeks, basil, cloves, wasabi
- Coffee, vinegar, pickles, tea
- Citrus fruits
- Cigarettes, alcohol, recreational stimulants