- A diet that includes enriching and building foods can help to preserve and restore Heart Yin.
- The diet should also include plenty of fluids, especially in the form of soups, and should avoid overly hot, spicy meals.
- Where ever possible choose ally grown foods.
Specific foods for Heart Yin deficiency
- Wheat, oats, sweet rice, millet, barley
- Eggs, dairy in moderate amounts, yogurt, tofu, tempeh, nuts & seeds, adzuki beans, black beans, mung beans, chickpeas, kidney beans, fava beans, black
- Sesame seeds
- Chicken, mackerel, sardines.
- Zucchini, squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, melons, string beans, beets, button mushrooms, wood ear mushrooms
- Dates, lotus seeds, fruit, mulberries, apples, banana,
- Blueberries, black berries, peaches, mulberries, mango, coconut
- Olive oil, flaxseed oil, almond oil.
Foods to restrict or avoid
- Chilies, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, onions, shallots, leeks, basil, cloves, wasabi
- Coffee, vinegar, pickles, tea
- Lamb, prawns
- Citrus fruits
- Cigarettes, alcohol, recreational stimulants.